Home

Chevy Sonic oil change light

Simple and Quick tutorial on how to reset the engine oil change light on Chevrolet Sonic. Chevy Sonic 2012 Oil Reset. Step 1 : Turn ignition to the RUN position. Step 2 : Press the DIC menu button on the turn signal lever to enter the menu. Step 3 : Use the thumbwheel to scroll through the options until you reach REMAINING OIL LIFE 2016-2020 Chevy Sonic Oil Life Change Engine Oil Soon Light Reset - Chevrolet Aveo or Chevrolet Sonic is the Chevrolet version of the model also known as Daewoo Kalos, a compact model offered in the hatch versions 5 doors and sedan 4 doors Hey guys this is a quick on reseting the oil reset light on all 2012 to 2016 chevy sonics to get rid of the check engine light or service light. If you like.

How to reset the Engine Oil Light on Chevrolet Sonic

1. How To Reset Chevrolet Sonic Oil Life Change Engine Oil Light 2012-2015 - Chevrolet officially introduced 2 Sonic sedan line-up for the 2014 season. This is the manufacturer's commitment to the sub-compact segment targeting young consumers with an affordable price tag
  2. The Chevy Sonic oil warning light comes on in red either because the engine oil level is low or because of low oil pressure. Stop the car as soon as possible and switch off the engine. Check oil level and if low, top up. Only continue driving if the oil light goes out. If the oil level is normal or light light remains on, it means oil isn't.
  3. This valve can only allow so much oil through, and may trigger the oil light. Low Oil Pressure Diagnosis: Chevy Sonic. Here are a few of the steps that you can pursue to diagnose your low oil pressure condition: Check the Oil Level. As stated above, checking the oil level in your Sonic is definitely the place to start diagnosing low oil pressure
  4. 3. Watch for the oil light to flash and turn off. If the oil change light does not turn off, turn the key to the off position and retry the process. If You Own a Chevy with VIC. 1. Turn the key to the accessory power position. 2. Locate and press the VIC button. The VIC button will have an image of a road or the letter i on it
  5. Apr 9, 2017. #2. Most GM vehicles, including the Sonic, come with an oil life monitor which will show an approximate % of oil life remaining. It's pretty safe to follow especially if you have the 1.8 engine and will give a warning if the % gets low. Your gauge cluster will say Code 82 when that happens

2016-2020 Chevy Sonic Oil Life Change Engine Oil Soon

To reset the 2017 Chevrolet Sonic remaining oil life % after an oil change service, please follow these instructions: 1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine). *2. Press the DIC MENU button on the turn signal lever to enter the Vehicle Information Menu. 3. Use the thumbwheel to scroll through the [ 2017-2020 CHEVROLET SONIC OIL RESET. On this tutorial we need to use the DIC BUTTON located at the back of STEERING WHEEL. see image below.. STEP 1. Turn the IGNITION to ON position but don't start the ENGINE.; STEP 2. PRESS the MENU BUTTON to display the REMAINING OIL LIFE.; STEP 3. While the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed.HOLD and PRESS THE SET/CLR BUTTON until the OIL LIFE is RESET to 100

Chevrolet Sonic Owner's Manual: Selecting the Right Engine Oil. Failure to use the recommended engine oil can result in engine damage not covered by the vehicle warranty. Check with your dealer or service provider on whether the oil is approved to the dexos1 specification 720 Posts. #8 · Apr 22, 2012. There is a GM bulletin about Cruzes that throw a code after an oil change. Basically it says to be sure the oil fill cap in on correctly. If it's on crooked it won't seal right and the the motor will suck air around the cap and throw a code Reset service light Chevrolet. Find how do you reset service light or turn off board light maintenance indicator when errors like, oil change, check engine, change interval of inspection, airbag light, inspection key, when maint reqd, appear on dash board computer display A: The majority of today's Chevrolet vehicles are equipped with the Engine Oil Life System, which has made the 3,000-mile oil change obsolete. Depending on the age of the vehicle, driving habits, and road conditions, vehicles with today's advanced engines can go much longer than 3,000 miles between oil changes

Chevrolet Sonic Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement at your home or office. When pressure drops below a threshold set by the automaker, the engine oil light on the car's dashboard illuminates, warning you that driving could be dangerous. Chevrolet Sonic L4-1.8L - Oil Change - Lake Elsinore, California To reset the 2016 Chevrolet Sonic oil life % after an oil change, please follow these instructions: 1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine). 2. Press the MENU button on the turn signal lever to show Remaining Oil Life on the display. 3 Chevrolet Sonic owners have reported 21 problems related to check engine light on (under the engine and engine cooling category). The most recently reported issues are listed below. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Chevrolet Sonic based on all problems reported for the Sonic Checking the oil in a Sonic is fairly easy and should be done once a month. Note that most Chevrolet have an oil pressure gauge next to the speedometer - this gauge does not tell you what your oil level is, however the video above will show you how check the oil level in your 2012 Chevrolet Sonic The OIL CHANGE light will start to flash to confirm that system is reset (on some models a chime will also sound). Reset is complete when OIL CHANGE light goes out. Reset Oil Change Light General Motors Procedure. Remove IP fuse block cover (cover can be seen when driver's door is open). Turn ignition ON, engine OFF

Chevy sonic maint required/oil reset light reset (2012

When you first start the engine, this light should come on for one or two seconds and then go out. If the light stays on, the vehicle is due for an oil and filter change. Vehicles equipped with an in-cabin messaging system will see an oil life of 10% to 100% displayed in the center of the dash that should go off in one to five seconds Seeing how it's constructed with the oil pump being part of the front cover, might help you have a little edge with discussions with the shop. Anyway these pictures are cool, unless you have a 1.4L to just pull apart, most of us won't see all these internals. 1.4L Teardown/Modification - Chevy Sonic Owners Foru

For a midsize SUV, the stepped-up oil change intervals will bring in $1,800 over the life of the car, the article says. A few extra services [or oil changes] can go a long way toward increasing. for your 2017 Chevrolet Sonic Check engine oil level and oil life percentage. Change engine oil and filter, if needed. Replace passenger compartment air filter (or 2 years, whichever comes first). Replace engine air cleaner filter (or every 4 years, whichever occurs first) During the first 12 months of ownership of your 2019 or newer vehicle, we cover one maintenance visit consisting of the following: oil and oil filter change, multi-point vehicle inspection, diesel exhaust fluid tank refill for diesel-equipped models, and tire rotation according to your vehicle's maintenance schedule for your 2013 Chevrolet Sonic Check engine oil level and oil life percentage. Change engine oil and filter, if needed. Replace passenger compartment air filter (or 2 years, whichever comes first). Replace engine air cleaner filter (or every 4 years, whichever occurs first)

How To Reset Chevrolet Sonic Oil Life Change Engine Oil

Changed my oil myself 3 times so far Mobil one twice and now on Royal Purple. I am at 20,800 miles now. Never have had an issue with the check engine light after an oil change. I have seen the check engine light only twice - both for Lean Bank 1 code. Light came on after a long highway trip each time the morning after the drive Ricardowelch. I have a 2015 Chevy Cruze LS with a 1.8L Engine clocked in at 74k miles. Ever since the purchase, the P0011 check engine light code is always appearing even after repairs done to attempt to fix the issue. The repairs were replacements of the timing belt, water pump, camshaft actuators and the camshaft phaser Paying attention to the light and getting a cheap oil change can save you a whole lot of trouble. Check Engine Light. The check engine light can be one of the most maddening. The light can indicate a minor problem like a dead spark plug or it can be an indication of a more serious issue like a cracked block is 86% oil life on a 2015 chevy sonic lt good,or should i be concerned.at what percentage should it be changed. thank you 3 people found this helpful. Mark helpfu 2013 Suburban LT with check engine light on and Traction Light on and Stability Light on. Auto Zone reads check engine light for free: cylinder #1 misfiring! $260.00 for a new coil spark plug and the wire + oil change $40.00= $300.00 and shes purring like a kitten

I have a 2008 Saturn Aurora my check engine light keeps coming on and off and my oil change light keeps coming on and saying oil consumption 0% I did a oil change and the light for oil change still never went off it's still saying I need a oil change also I got gas from a gas station that's known to make cars run a little crappy cuz the gas. Loosely install the oil pan bolts (1) in all but the guidance pin locations. Remove the EN-49980 guidance pins and install the remaining oil pan bolts.; Tighten the oil pan bolts to 10 Y (89 lb in). If equipped with manual transmission, install the 3 manual transmission to oil pan bolts (1) and tighten to 40 Y (30 lb ft). If equipped with an automatic transmission, install and the automatic. for your 2012 Chevrolet Sonic Check engine oil level and oil life percentage. Change engine oil and filter, if needed. Replace passenger compartment air filter (or every 24 months, whichever occurs first). More frequent replacement may be required if vehicle is drive

Know what price you should pay to get your vehicle fixed. The average cost for a Chevrolet Sonic oil change is between $111 and $135. Labor costs are estimated between $35 and $44 while parts are priced between $76 and $91 . Estimate does not include taxes and fees question, check engine light. I'm asking this on behalf of my wife who is the Chevy Sonic owner. She has a 2013 Chevy Sonic LT and recently the Check Engine light came on and stayed on. I thought perhaps it was just gas cap related as I would go re-tighten the gas cap and the light would go out..BUT it would come back on shortly thereafter OCTOBER 2013 - General Motors Co is recalling 1,658 Chevrolet Sonic cars, as potentially faulty strap welds could cause the fuel tank to separate from the car. The recall of 2013 and 2014 model-year cars affects 1,558 cars in the United States and 100 in Canada, most of which are still on dealer lots, GM said Chevrolet Sonic Owner Manual - 2012 - CRC - 11/9/11 Black plate (3,1) In Brief 1-3 A. Air Vents on page 8‑3. B. Exterior Lamp Controls on page 6‑1. C. Instrument Panel Illumination Control on page 6‑5. D. Turn and Lane-Change Lever. See Turn and Lane-Change Signals on page 6‑4. E. Instrument Cluster on page 5‑8. F. Horn on page 5‑2

Chevy Sonic Dashboard Warning Lights - DASH-LIGHTS

Protect your SONIC in any driving condition with our specially formulated motor oils. Whether it's extreme temperatures, long commutes, towing, hauling, the added stress of a turbocharger or you're simply extending the time between oil changes, our motor oils will keep your 2012 Chevrolet SONIC protected Your check engine light will reset by itself after you fixed the problem in most car models. But it can take some time. A car usually needs 10-20 successful cycles before it will reset the check engine light. A cycle is when you start your car cold and drive it until it is warm and then until you are done with your driving

I have a 2005 Chevy Cobalt and my check engine light came on . So I hooked the scanner up to my car and it said for me to reset the check engine light. So I did and a few days later the check engine light came back on and it's still saying I need to reset the check engine light. Also the light goes off and then will come back on. PLease help!! 2013 Chevrolet Sonic 4dr Sedan. Water pump failed. Dealer said likely defective pump from factory. Failure caused mass coolant dump and engine overheat. This repair happened at 350 miles on the odometer. Second trip to dealer in less than six months for turbo issues and wiper decided to quit during a downpour

Chevy Sonic Shaking When Idling Diagnosis. There are a lot of reasons why your Sonic may shake when idle. Before you go trying to figure out which one is causing your Sonic to feel like it's on spin cycle, make sure that the check engine light isn't on. If it is, get the trouble codes. That's a great place to start Experience the perks of purchasing or leasing your new or used Chevrolet from Bob Steele, including a lifetime of oil changes and tire rotations from our expert service technicians. We offer you a vast selection of new and used cars, SUVs and trucks, and the full Chevy lineup, including the legendary Silverado 1500 , midsize Colorado , and ever. The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Sonic. The contact stated that the engine made an abnormal noise and the engine overheated. The contact stated that the failure occurred twice. The vehicle was. The Chevy sonic is a small sedan that gets very good gas mileage and is very quiet. The price is reasonable for a newer car, about around 10K for a 2015. It has MyLink Bluetooth available, so take your tunes with you. Anita E For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed. CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON. This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System. The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will notreset itself

OE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil. AMSOIL OE Synthetic Motor Oil is specially made for the extended oil change intervals recommended for your 2015 Chevrolet Sonic 1.8L. It has advanced synthetic technology that resists chemical breakdown for maximum wear protection for your vehicle which is well beyond the traditional 3,000-mile oil change interval Enjoy great offers on our authentic expertise — including air filters, brake services, tires, batteries, and more. Because the Certified Service experts at your local Chevrolet dealer are the right people to visit for vehicle maintenance and repair. For tire pricing, use the tool to the right. Plus, save with these current tire specials near you Sonic. 44,500 miles. The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Sonic. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, a chime sounded with the illumination of the engine oil pressure warning. Valvoline MaxLife Engine Oil High Mileage Full Synthetic 5W-30 1 Quart. $. 9. 49. Part # VV179. SKU # 539362. Check if this fits your 2012 Chevrolet Sonic. Location: Engine Oil. $

Chevy Sonic Low Oil Pressure: Diagnosis and Causes

Time For New Oil? - 2012 Chevrolet Sonic Long-Term Road Test

How to Reset Your Chevy or GMC Oil Change Light: A DIY

Changing the oil in a 2013 Chevy Sonic HOW TO CHANGE ENGINE OIL ON CHEVROLET CRUZE, CHEVY CRUZE SONIC Code B001B and Code U0170 Chevrolet Cruze Chevy Sonic. Airbag Light ON 2012 Chevy Cruze Inspection and Transmission Fluid Change HEAD GASKET TORQUE SPECS AND SEQUENCE CEHVROLET CRUZE CHEVY SONIC 1.8 2016 Page 3/19 Used 2015 Chevrolet Sonic from Andrew Chevrolet in GLENDALE, WI, 53209. Call 414-815-0477 for more information The Oil Change Light Reset Cheverolet Sonic 2012 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due. Below is the procedure for the Cheverolet Sonic 2012 . Follow the steps below to reset the oil life monitor after each oil change If you notice the light after an oil change, something else is wrong. Your mechanic has the necessary parts to run tests and get to the bottom of what's wrong. Five of the most common things we see from check engine lights are: 1. The Oxygen Sensor Needs to be Replaced. Your oxygen sensor makes sure your car is burning fuel efficiently

oil change Sonic Owners Foru

Beware of Chevy Filter | 2017-02-13 | Auto Service

Understanding Chevrolet Oil-Life Monitor (OLM) System and

I had my oil changed about a week ago and today as I was coming home I had both my stability track light and a warning about engine power reduced. Last time I had the stability track light my brakes had to be changed front and back that was less than 6 months ago. Do I tow it tonight or wait and see if it occurs again The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Sonic. The contact stated that the valve cover gasket became defective, the check engine warning indicator persistently illuminated, and the turbo engine's fins.

How To Reset Check Engine Light On 2017 Chevy CruzeChevy Cruze Oil Change - STEP BY STEP | Doovi

Chevrolet Sonic 2012-2018 Oil Light Reset Instruction

Stalling while driving and not turning over. Chevrolet Sonic 2014 Sedan 4cy 41000 miles. Battery O/D OFF light Stalls Starting. This started in the summer with driving, slowing down and then the car would stall. I would have to completely shut it down for a minute, in trafic. I was told it was due to high temperatures outside Dark Oil. Dark oil can mean multiple things as well. It could simply just be darkened because of the additives. Or, the darker shade could result if the oil has also been cycled through too many times, and it's time for a change. If the oil is thick and dark, it could indicate dirt or contaminants, especially if it's an off-road rig A check engine light can indicate a broad spectrum of problems with your 2012 Chevrolet Sonic. In some cases you need to pull over immediately to prevent damage while in others you merely need to tighten you gas cap next time you stop in order to reset the service engine soon light 2013 chevrolet sonic Owner's Manual View Fullscreen. Owners Manual File Attachment. 2013_chevrolet_sonic (7 MB) How Much Oil Do You Need for an Oil Change? Why Did My Check Engine Light Come On and What Should I Do? What Do Squeaky Brakes Mean for My Car? How to Lower and Lift a Car or Truck: The Best Ways EPA-estimated MPG city/highway: Sonic Sedan with 6-speed manual transmission 27/38; with 6-speed automatic transmission 26/34; Sonic Hatchback with 6-speed manual transmission 26/35; with 6-speed automatic transmission 26/34. Certain features require a SiriusXM subscription and the Chevrolet Connected Access plan

How to Reset the Oil Life on a Chevy Sonic - YouTub

Tail Light Change 2012-2014 Chevrolet Sonic - 2012Chevy Cruze Serpentine Belt Replacement 1

1 Refer to the Owner Manual for Cold Temperature Operation oil viscosities. 09-2019 A CHEVROLET 2020 ENGINE OIL CAPACITIES (WITH FILTER) - U.S. and Canada only MODEL ENGINE RPO SPEC - LITERS SPEC - QUARTS VISCOSITY Blazer 2.0L L4 LSY 5.0 5.3 0W-20 2.5L L4 FWD LCV 4.7 5.0 5W-20 2.5L L4 AWD LCV 5.7 6.0 5W-2 The first thing you will notice if your car has low oil pressure is the warning light on your dashboard. The oil pressure sensor is live-monitoring the oil pressure all the time when the engine is running. If the oil pressure gets too low or too high, it will light up the oil pressure light If the Check Engine Light comes back on, I would recommend having the trouble codes scanned before resetting the computer. Chevrolet. Check Engine Light. V8-5.3L. 2004. reduced power light. Suburban 1500. Traction Control Light. The statements expressed above are only for informational purposes and should be independently verified